Everything you need to know about the flower Rose.
Fossil records show rose to be one of the most ancient of flowers. It probably originated in Central Asia but spread and grew wild over nearly the entire northern hemisphere. The cultivation of roses likely began in Asia about 5000 years ago, and they have been an intimate part of human civilisation ever since.
- Origin: Asia
- Growth: Can grow up to 20 feet tall.
- Plant family: Rosaceae
- Scent: Rose scent comes from a lot of different chemicals. One has a somewhat obvious name-- rose oxide. Rose oxide produces a floral green top note, plus a sweet smell, a fruity smell, a minty smell, and a citrus scent.
- Colour: Varies from pastel shades of pink, peach, cream or snowy-white, vibrant yellow and gold, orange, crimson or red.
- Harvesting: Roses harvest best just after they bloom. Wait until the flowers have fully unfolded to harvest your roses. Aim to harvest in spring or summer. In most climates, roses bloom in late spring or early summer.
- Endangered: Not endangered.
People regularly report smelling the fragrance of roses while communicating with angels in prayer or meditation. Angels use rose scents as physical signs of their spiritual presence with people because roses have powerful energy fields that vibrate at a high electrical frequency—the highest of any flower on Earth. Because angelic energy also vibrates at a high rate, angels can connect easier with roses than with other flowers with lower vibrational rates.
Rose petals are lovely; they represent self-love. They are honouring your sexual energy and unleashing your inner romance. Rose petals are often used in ritual and spell work.
Rose petals represent good luck and happiness and can make our dream state sweeter. Rose petals embrace one's psychic abilities and allow one to see self power. One can use dried rose petals to keep away the evil eye, jealousy and resentment. As it holds loving vibrations, it will keep those negative vibes at bay.
All roses symbolise God's love at work in the world, but different colours of roses also symbolise different spiritual concepts. White roses mean purity and holiness. Red roses mean passion and sacrifice. Yellow roses mean wisdom and joy. Pink roses mean gratitude and peace.
- Rose is connected to the element; Water and carries Feminine energy
- Associated with the Zodiac sign; Taurus
Rose has many beautiful attributes for medicinal purposes, such as aiding in weight loss. Rose acts as a natural aphrodisiac and relieves stress and depressive emotional states. In history, rose was used to lighten lip colour and treated to help with acne for a more holistic approach. Rose is used in many skincare regimes, especially as a well-known astringent.
If you struggle to open bowels, you can try using rose to help with piles as a natural remedy.